Carew-Pole MSS At Antony House
(submitted by L. Roy VIGUS [CFHS Member 2134])
Antony has been the home of the Carew family for almost 600 years. Antony House was constructed, for Sir William Carew, between 1711-1721. The house stands on a peninsular formed by the confluence of two estuaries - the River Tamar to the east and the river Lynher to the north; the sea forming the southern edge.