MABEL8 ATTRUDE COBURN
MABEL8 ATTRUDE COBURN (Benjamin7, David6, David5, Moses4, Moses3, Joseph2, Edward1) b. Keswick Ridge 23 June 1873 d. Fredericton June 1956 daughter of Dr. Benjamin Coburn and Euphemia (King) Coburn m. William Carman Burtt b. Fredericton 1875 d. 1960 son of William Burtt and Mary Tilton (Carman) Burtt.
Mabel attended the Keswick Ridge Superior School. She joined the Macnaquac Baptist Church 11 December 1889. She moved to Fredericton in 1899 when her father gave up the practice of medicine at Keswick Ridge.
Mabelís wedding gift from her brother, Dr. Dow Coburn, physician at Canterbury Station, was the house at 280 Charlotte Street, next to her parentís home.
Williamís parents, who lived on King Street in Fredericton, was of Loyalist descent and his mother was related to the poet, Bliss Carman.
William Burtt had a bicycle shop back of the York County Court House located on what is now part of the Lord Beaverbrook Hotel parking lot. The bicycle shop evolved into an automobile shop and was known as Burttís 400 Garage. His telephone number was 400. He also sold cars and was in partnership with J. Stewart Neill.
William and Mabel Burtt had made that bridal gift, the house at 280 Charlotte Street, their home and reared their family there.